Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Beta 0.2 is coming

Firefoxit 0.2 Beta is still under development. There are a few changes from the original 0.2 plan. The most notable is running on top of the current tab instead of a tab with a Dashboard like look on Firefox 1.5+ (aka Lightbox). New background will be black instead of white, and widgets translucency will be supported. Switch to full screen window and back to a tab will be probably removed.

There are still some bugs and issues to fix as 0.2 required some big changes, so please be patient. The main issue now is dragging, which I'm trying to speed up.

(I haven't replied many of the e-mails you've send me, sorry about that, I'll try to answer them in the following weeks. At the moment, I've setup a forum at http://firefoxit.org/forum/ for discussion, so you can answer each other questions when I can't.)

some screenshots from the working version (no downloads sorry):



5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It looks great!

3:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

In between the Gadgets/Widgets population has grown every where pushed by main actors like Yahoo! and Google.

I just released an extension able to home Google Gadgets for Google HomePage in the Firefox Sidebar or in a standalone window.

http://mozware.free.fr/googlegadgets/

4:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great idea ... I've been looking for something just like this!

9:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you're not dead? its been a while since your latest post

8:52 AM  
Blogger FlyHighDude said...

man, that looks trully awesome! I want it! I'm thiking 'bout making some .fires myself!

BTW Thank to the del.icio.us feeds!

1:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home